Friday, August 15, 2008

Three Times a Day



Here's another -oh my gosh, I can't believe she's that tiny- picture. Look at my hand and look at her. And, for those of you who know me - I have fairly small hands.
Today I tried it - three times a day -

I was playing it by ear, and I had the energy - so I made the trip out there three times today.


The first time, she was fast asleep.

The second time, she was awake and breastfed for 10 minutes.

The third time, she was awake and I gave her the bottle instead of breast feeding, since breast feeding wears her out, she hadn't had the bottle (to my knowledge) all day, and I knew she needed to work the sucking muscle... So, all in all, a good day considering two blood transfusions in two days.

And - She's up to 4 lbs, 9 ounces!!! Wow! She's also 36 weeks and 2 days (or 5 weeks and 2 days).

3 comments:

Robin said...

4 lbs. 9 oz.!! I can't believe she's grown that much and yet she looks so tiny compared to mommy's hand. Keep up the good work.
Jenna, your days will be very busy (and nights too!)once Scarlet gets home, but at least you won't be running back & forth to the hospital.
Robin

Helen said...

I love that little girl!

Anonymous said...

That a girl!! Way to go Scarlet. How often does our society tell girls to eat MORE? Such great news and wonderful pictures of her getting bigger and stronger. Hang in there Mom and Dad. We love you too.