Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Still Waiting for Transfusion








We are still waiting for Len's blood to be processed - hopefully it will be by the end of this week or early next week. So far, Scarlet is still doing well enough to wait and we are not having to go to the community bank.
In the meantime, she is learning more and more. Twice this week, she has taken her entire feeding be the bottle - 35cc's - 30cc's is 1 ounce, so it is not alot of food, but for her it is alot of work to suck, swallow, and breathe all at the same time. I am so proud (and surprised) that she can do this already - especially when we are still waiting for the transfusion.

We are still trying to breastfeed, but it is a bit more difficult. Swallowing, sucking, breathing, and staying latched on is even more difficult. I also figured out today that I am not there during her more awake times (which is about 6:00am-9:00 am). So, I am trying to breastfeed her when she is ore on the sleepy side.

Therefore, tomorrow, my schedule will be all off - I will go down there tomorrow about 7:45am to be there during her awake time and morning feeding. Hopefully this will help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I am thinking about you guys and praying for Scarlet. I hope you are doing well...and I pray that the transfusion will be ready soon! Good luck tomorrow morning-I hope she is more alert for you! Stick with it! You are doing great! Love you!