Saturday, August 2, 2008

In her rolling cart...


Here she is, on her way to getting out of there...


She is gaining weight - 3 lbs, 13 oz...


She is breastfeeding a bit - the first time was the most successful, but the other two times have been a bit more difficult. I am understanding more and more how she is still not fully ready developmentally to be able to breastfeed, but I am glad we are still trying so she can get used to the idea.


She is maintaining her temperature.


She is wearing clothes all the time now - and I am actually already doing a bunch of laundry. Wow! They get dirty a lot - and she's not even doing anything!!!


Oh yeah!!! One huge piece of progress and good news...

HER PICC LINE IS GONE!!! NO MORE EXTRA FLUIDS!!!

NOW SHE ONLY HAS HER FEEDING TUBE AND HER VITAL MONITORS.

OH AND NOW SHE HAS A "BABY LOWJACK" - IT LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE A HOUSE ARREST ATTACHMENT TO HER ANKLE THAT WILL SOUND AN ALARM IF SHE LEAVES THE AREA - I guess they heard me planning with Len on how to bring in a doll, put it in her place, and sneak her out. Oh well! Best laid plans...


So, she is doing better than we are!

4 comments:

Robin said...

I am so proud of Scarlet. She is making wonderful progress. I think she is going to be coming home sooner than we expected if she keeps up the good work. She's almost made it to 4 lbs.!

Robin

Anonymous said...

Scarlet is looking to break out of Kaiser ASAP! I'm voting Kaiser will lose to the Vande's determination.

Kathy

Stef said...

She does look a lot like Len... I cant wait to go out and see her again!

Helen said...

The more tubes and wires that are removed, the prettier Miss Scarlet gets!