Saturday, August 2, 2008

No More Lactation Consulting!!!

I have made my demands! Last night, another lactation nurse - or whatever they call themselves - talked to me and made me feel like I was doing something wrong. I had a huge melt down, but both Mom and Len were there for me. In a nutshell: Kaiser's lactation department gives all kinds of different "musts" and isn't very nurturing. She asked me how my appointment went on Tuesday and I told her it was extremely unpleasant. I was given a survery to complete when I checked in about if she rides in the backseat, if I shade her face from the sun, how many times a day does she pee, etc... I was also asked why I didn't bring her to the appointment - um.. because she's hooked up to a bunch of wires??? And this woman proceeds to go through the same list of questions all the rest ask - almost like she's lookng for what I am doing wrong. So, in the middle of her interrogation, I said, "I'm done!" I later told the nurse who saw all of this that I no longer wanted to talk to any lactation person - except for one. She is putting the note in my chart that only that one lactation educator can talk to me - and no other. It boggles my mind that breastpumping and breastfeeding require the mom to be stressfree, and yet that department causes so much stress!

1 comment: