Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

but I'm back. I haven't been on the computer in a while - updated my blog, checked my email, checked my school email in over a month. Why?

Well, several reasons - When I look at the last post, I realize that probably sums it up - stress. After all, watching your baby turn blue, being told to call 911, riding in an ambulance, and then being told it is simply because I am a new mom - well, it was not something I wish to go through again.

My recent stresses - and reasons for not updating:
1. Honestly - my postpartum depression took a turn for the worse and I am trying to lift myself back up again.
2. Len went back to work. This in some ways was a good thing - a little bit more normal life for both of us. He was home with Scarlet and I for about 5-6 weeks. With him back, he's on more of a schedule and I have more of my summer back - that I lost out on - so I am watching the entire show of Alias, reading, and most of all taking care of Scarlet. When he went back to work, my work somehow calmed down, but doubled.
3. Company - As another attempt at getting back to normal life, we have had people over for dinner. We have really enjoyed the company and look forward to seeing more people.
4. Len's brother and sister-in-law - who is a very dear friend of mine - moved to Georgia with their three kids this week. We have been saying goodbye to them - and I have been having a really hard time letting go. I am sad to see them go, but realize that we will still continue to stay in touch across the miles.
5. I am just really busy. Tuesdays is Parenting Preemies, Wednesdays Scarlet is in school (see above), Thursday is PPD group and breast feeding clinic (yup, still pumping and breastfeeding with a nipple shield. I tell ya, that is extrememly hard, but I know it is the best for her and I am determined not to give up!), and randomly I have other appointments and people to see...

Here is our most recent family photo:

No comments: