Saturday, October 25, 2008

9lbs 5 oz and still growing...

Scarlet weighed in last week at 9lbs, 5oz... She has almost tripled her weight and she is aproaching my birth weight: 9lbs 14oz. Ouch!



Scarlet's little friend, Shea Rose, was born this week on October 23. Her mom is a very good friend of mine. She was also born prematurely. Tina, my friend, was 31 weeks along when her water broke. They were able to keep her on bed rest in the hospital until week 32 when she had a c-section. Shea Rose weighs 4lbs, 8oz and is breathing on her own! However, just like Scarlet, she is planning on staying in NICU for about 6 weeks-2 months. I went and visited them on Thursday. All are doing well and I was able to pass along information and clothes - very stranges to me that Scarlet has actually grown out of clothes!
My heart and prayers are with Tina, Dan, and Shea.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I love that picture of Scarlet!! What a sweet child, right Grandma Linda?

Christine said...

I love that picture, too! It is so cute! She is growing beautifully!