Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sacrlet Rose is doing well!


Scarlet Rose was born July 9, 2008. She came 9 weeks early, crying, kicking, and punching her way out of my womb. She weighed 3lbs, 3oz and was 16 inches long. Her APGAR score was 9 out of 10, which is almost perfect!


In a nutshell...

We went to the hospital July 8th because she kicked my diaphragm.

They noticed my blood pressure rising and ran some blood tests.

I was diagnosed HELPS - High Enzymes, Low Platlates Syndrome. The placenta was attacking my liver, increasing the enzymes and releasing them into the blood stream, killing the platlates and leaving me with the potential to bleed out. The cure: remove the placenta, hence, deliver the baby.

So, Scarlet Rose kicked my diaphragm and saved both of our lives.


After several hours of life, she was intabated and left on a breathing tube for about 3 days. She fought that and figured out how to breathe on her own. They then started feeding her my breast milk (which I pump every three hours - oye! what a job!). She has been jaundiced three times, but is showing she is a true fighter!!!

No comments: