Monday, July 28, 2008

Family Photo


This is an older picture (goodness, she's only 19 days old and we can fill quite a few albums already - and she's not even home yet!).. but I love this picture!


I went in early today with Helen (my mother-in-law). I had to get there before 9:00am with milk because my milk supply from the hospital had finally run out. I pumped while we were there yesterday to try to make it through this morning, and I managed to make it through until before 9:00am. So, I got to take her temperature (37.0 degrees celcius), change her diaper (there was poop!!! yea!!! but smelly!!! ooh.), and hold her, and pump some more.


But here's the big news for today:

She gained 67 ml last night... that's over 2 ounces!! She now weighs 3 lbs, 9 1/2 oz. The nurse said if she mantains her weight gain and all goes well... she might be coming home in a matter of a couple of weeks! Wow! I am not going to hold my breath since she still needs to nipple feed, breast feed, get rid of all the wires, and have mommy and daddy learn CPR. So, we have a ways to go still, but it felt good to hear "Get the room ready."

5 comments:

Calonge Family said...

It is soooo great to see and read about how well Scarlet is doing. We are cheering for her (keeping with the sports theme) to keep on gaining weight and are waiting for the announcement that she will be heading home. Remember, we are here to support you all during this time and cannot wait to meet Scarlet in person.
The Calonge Family

Robin said...

Cute picture of the family.
Thank you for the blog. This way we can keep up with Scarlet's progress. I am glad to hear that she continues to gain weight. It won't be long before she takes over the Vandegrift house!
I can't wait until I can cuddle her.
Robin

Lisa Griffith said...

Thank you for the blog! I love seeing the pictures and the updates will be wonderful! She is sweet and yet so tough!! Your "little" family is in our thoughts & prayers.

Debbie Gonzalez said...

Scarlet Rose is gorgeous! All that red hair....wonder where that came from? LOL

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's a rocky ride...but keep your eye on the finish line. When Scarlet comes home, the Hawk family will be cheering loudly!

Let us know what you need. It's a done deal.

Love to all,
Debbie Gonzalez

Helen said...

Come Home Sweet Stuff!! The sooner the better for this Gramma. I can't wait to actually hold her, instead of just cradle her with my hands through the incubator. But, that's better than nothin'